LEAD FINANCIAL ADVISOR
We are looking for an outstanding financial advisor to help us create comprehensive financial plans for our amazing clients. Wealth management experience is required.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, detailed-oriented, and experienced professional to join our firm in our San Diego office. Successful candidates will have a track record of success, exhibit excellent written, quantitative, verbal, and interpersonal skills and possess a growth mindset.
This job is best suited for an individual looking for upward mobility and a place where they can thrive for the long term. An existing book of business is not required, but a growth mindset is. Attention to detail, ability to solve problems, and excellent people skills are a must, along with a willingness to learn. Most importantly, we are looking for someone with a great attitude who will enjoy coming to work and serving clients as much as we do.
- Own and drive the financial planning process, which includes walking our clients through our custom mind-mapping sessions, creating multiple planning scenarios, and delivering the results in a clear and consistent manner
- Identify planning opportunities for review with clients. Areas of emphasis include financial goals, estate planning, college planning, tax planning, insurance needs analysis, Social Security planning, and executive compensation planning
- Deliver plans to clients clearly and understandably. Responsibilities will include meeting preparation, financial plan construction, presentation of the plan to the client, meeting follow-up, and ongoing client service
- Become a subject matter expert, staying current on planning issues, communicating updates to staff, and contributing content to the firm’s website (blog) and social media channels
- Contribute to the firm’s strategic direction of its financial planning service offering
- Having fun and much more! We do things differently here for the benefit of our clients, so we understand that adapting our methods and progressing along the learning curve will take time. However, the right candidate will succeed in this role, which may lead to equity ownership opportunities.
We want someone with the desire to do, and takes pride in doing, a good job. Our qualifications and requirements include:
- Attention to detail (without fail)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designations preferred
- MBA or Master’s in Finance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Substantial knowledge of personal tax issues
- Excellent at financial planning, Social Security analysis, and tax projection software (E.g., eMoney)
- Professional, personable, discreet, efficient, and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoys teamwork
- Experience presenting to clients in a competent, confident, persuasive, and empathetic manner. Able to formulate knowledgeable answers to difficult questions on the spot
- Strong organizational skills, multitasking, accuracy, service-minded, and meticulous adherence to doing the right thing
- Comfortable with thinking and performing outside of the box • Strong written and verbal communications skills
As a small-and-growing business, we can only afford to hire the best. If you think this job could be for you, please do the following:
- Send an email to Careers@BullOakCapital.com that includes:
- Your resume in PDF format
- Your single-page PDF cover letter describing what makes you the best candidate and why you would like to join our firm
- If we are thoroughly impressed with your cover letter and resume, we will schedule a brief phone interview to ask the first round of screening questions
- If we think that you might be an excellent fit at our firm, we will invite you into the office for a formal interview
- If the interview is a success, the last step will be to grab lunch or dinner with our founder, just to make sure we like each other before committing to working together
Ultimately this process is designed so that once hired, our clients all remark “Where did you find this person? They are AMAZING!”