Unlike most financial institutions, we value hard work and potential just as much as experience. If you are looking for an independent firm that dedicates itself to authenticity and a positive community impact, then you’ve come to the right place. We are forward-thinking, data-driven, and nationally recognized, and we are looking for excellent individuals to join us.
We’re looking for an outstanding individual with tremendous upside to join our fast-growing firm built for the next generation.
San Diego, CA
An exceptional opportunity for the exceptional advisor.
This is an excellent opportunity for a top-tier advisor to join a top-tier wealth management firm. If you feel that your current firm is not your “forever” firm, then we invite you to consider our fast-growing, well-positioned firm in our San Diego office.
This position does not require an existing book of business, but is strongly recommended as our compensation model encourages both client satisfaction and growth. However, we are not looking to grow for the sake of growth – we wish to grow organically with the right type of clientele and staff that fits our positive culture.
This job is best suited for an individual looking for upward mobility and a place where they can thrive for the long-term. Attention to detail, ability to solve problems, and excellent people skills are a must, along with a willingness to learn. Most importantly, we are looking for someone with a great attitude who will enjoy coming to work and serving clients as much as we do.
- Grow your client base with and without the help of the Firm.
- If you prove to be an instrumental part of this firm, you can take part of our list of leads (extremely warm qualified leads via our marketing channel)
- Own and drive the financial planning process, which includes walking our clients through our custom mind-mapping sessions, creating multiple planning scenarios, and delivering the results in a clear and consistent manner
- Identify planning opportunities for review with clients. Areas of emphasis include financial goals, estate planning, college planning, tax planning, insurance needs analysis, Social Security planning, and executive compensation planning
- Deliver plans to clients clearly and understandably. Responsibilities will include meeting preparation, financial plan construction, presentation, meeting follow-up, and ongoing client service
There is more to this role than just the above. As a small business, no job can be too big or too small and it is not uncommon for one to wear many hats. Our newest team member will be no exception.
We want someone with the desire to do, and takes pride in doing, a good job. Our qualifications and requirements include:
- Proven history of bringing in AUM
- Attention to detail (without fail)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation preferred, but not required for the right candidate
- Enjoys content creation, whether through writing or video, but not required for the right candidate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Substantial knowledge of personal finance issues
- Excellent at financial planning, Social Security analysis, and tax projection software (we use RightCapital)
- Professional, personable, discreet, efficient, and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoys teamwork
- Experience presenting to clients in a competent, confident, persuasive, and empathetic manner. Able to formulate knowledgeable answers to difficult questions on the spot
- Strong organizational skills, multitasking, accuracy, service-minded, and meticulous adherence to doing the right thing
- Comfortable with thinking and performing outside of the box
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Portfolio management is not required, but know-how knowledge is
As a growing wealth management firm built for the next generation, we intend to only hire the best. If you think this career move is for you, please send an email to Careers@BullOakCapital.com that includes your resume in PDF format.
If we are thoroughly impressed with your resume, we will schedule a brief phone call to learn more about you. We will also provide you with an opportunity to learn more about us and the position.
If we enjoy our conversation with you, we will invite you into the office so you can meet with Ryan and the rest of the team.
If the interview is a success, the last step will be to grab dinner with Ryan to make sure this is the perfect fit for all involved before committing to working together.
About Bull Oak Capital
We are a fast-growing boutique wealth management firm that treats our clients and team members like family. We are quickly making a name for ourselves within the San Diego region and are well-positioned for strong future growth.
Bull Oak Capital, LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. This is an in-person position and not remote. No relocation assistance is offered for this position; candidates not residing in San Diego County, CA will be responsible for relocation at their own expense. Eligible candidates will be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States without support; sponsorship is not available.
Our office is very busy, so please do NOT try to contact our team through any method other than submitting your resume and cover letter as described. All other attempts to reach our office will be ignored. Due to the financial nature of our work and the age of our clients, you will be required to pass a thorough criminal background check and a credit check.
RYAN A. HUGHES, FOUNDER